Director of Growth (GD) is an intermediary level (non operational) position reporting to the Managing Partner.
The role aims to grow the revenue of the company by nurturing and taking identified leads through to closing contracts as new customers. It is expected that the GD demonstrates exceptional understanding of the MBLM offer of services and expertise, communication and presentation skills, networking and planning abilities.
The GD manages all aspects of new business development and any direct or dotted line reports that help manage it. This includes planning and strategy of new business, identifying and tracking opportunities, new business acquisition, and growth in existing and new areas of expertise for the company. Prospective client perspectives and their issues/challenges must become the key drivers for the GD to address.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Identify and assess how to win over the decision maker
- Assess prospect demand for our services/tools
- Asses how prospects align to personas and overall fit with us
- Drive team casting for pitches/presentations
- Master and advance our pitch materials
- Work to close identified leads by internal or external teams
- Collaborate with the new business team and partners on proposals and presentations
- Drive and coordinate the selling process towards fee negotiations and contract authorizations.
- Attend kickoff meetings of new clients and ensure smooth transition to client/discipline leaders and or account directors as required.
- Co-create/maintain a business development plan and budget as part of MBLM‘s yearly business plan.
- Experience in a Business Development, Marketing or Advertising role at a creative or media agency
- Working knowledge of our CRM solution (eg. HubSpot), is a plus but is not essential; we will train the successful candidate
- Strong ability to speak and present in a public forum
- Strong abilities to mentor or collaborate with teams, vendors, and peers.
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment while managing tight deadlines
- Excellent computer skills with Office/iWorks and other communication tools
- Impeccable communicator; able to be clear and concise through phone calls and email communication with people of different levels in an organization (including leadership)
- A keen eye for detail and polish in presentations and proposal submissions
- Hard-working, multi-tasker who has a passion for growing the business and the drive to hunt for the next new business opportunity.
- Thorough understating of MBLM’s business model, competency, offerings and services.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to deal with difficult questions and .
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong skills in reading people and persuasive negotiations.
Primary Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of related professional experience in brand strategy and/or consulting or new business/sales.
Business Development, Sales
Marketing and Advertising